Sunday, January 28, 2007

London and Late Nights

Sorry I have been missing in action, been here in London and doing stuff!

I am staying in a wonderful apartment over looking West London, but I do get lonely here at times and wander around room to room talking to myself!
The people at Crown Lawn serviced apartments really look after me, the place is awesome.

I am out tonight helping at the Malcolm Hardee Tribute Show.

Tonight at the Hackney Empire there is an amazing show in honour of the late Great Malcolm Hardee. Big comedy hitters like Jo Brand, Norman Lovett and Phil Kay will tread the funny boards to celebrate Malcolm’s life.
For those unaware of the fabulous man, he was the Father of Alternative comics in UK, he was to comedy what John Peel was to music and he died in his beloved River Thames in January 2005.
He was a great comic promoter and anarchic prankster; he was there at the forefront of the stand up comedy boom in the late 90s and early 80s.
He started and managed many of the household names in UK comedy today, like Paul Merton and Jo Brand.

Last night I went out for a quick drink at the Groucho club and met the fabulous Sophie Ellis –Bextor, she is spectacularly beautiful and her boyfriend is the bass player in the group The Feeling. Turns out Sophie has seen me on stage and told me she loved the comedy stuff I do….I was astounded! A lovely pop star likes me comedy! I felt famous for two minutes! I loved her song ‘Murder on The Dance Floor’ as I recall days in Glasgow when there was a murder on the dance floor! (Joking….kinda!)

Other good news is my one woman show at East Kilbride Theatre has SOLD OUT!
So today I am sitting here feeling a wee bit sick but not due to alcohol or anything as I don’t drink much, I think I ate something dodgy and that’s horrid.

I am off home to Glasgow tomorrow and can’t wait to see my own house and my own telly and my own sofa and…..of course husband!

No comments: